A special television/radio program entitled “WHAS Crusade for Children: Building the Future” will air from about 6:00pm to 8:00pm Saturday, December 12 on WHAS11 television and 84WHAS radio. That’s following the 4:00pm University of Louisville men’s basketball game vs. Western Carolina. WHAS11’s Melissa Swan and 84WHAS radio’s Terry Meiners will host the program.
The WHAS Crusade for Children, established in 1954 by WHAS-TV, raises money for agencies, schools and hospitals to make life better for children with special needs.
Since 1954, the Crusade has raised more than $133 million, giving critical assistance to an estimated three million children in 120 Kentucky and 50 Southern Indiana counties.
The money donated in Kentucky stays in Kentucky and, likewise, money donated in Indiana stays in Indiana. No money is sent to any other national charity or organization.
The Crusade returns 100% of each donation to agencies that directly improve the lives of children with special needs.
The WHAS Crusade for Children Endowment fully funds the Crusade’s future.
It guarantees that 100% of the Crusade’s annual telethon collections continue to go directly to agencies that help children with special needs.
It ensures that millions more children will be helped for decades to come.
Beyond your annual contribution, the Crusade needs your Endowment donation now. To change a child’s life forever, support the WHAS Crusade Endowment.
- 100% of each donation goes directly to help children with special needs
- The Crusade has raised more than $125 million since 1954
- An estimated three million children have been helped by the Crusade
- The Crusade collects an average of $5 million annually; that allows the Crusade to fund just one-third of its annual grant requests
- The Crusade helps children in all 120 Kentucky counties and 50 Southern Indiana counties
- An independent panel of interdenominational clergy allocates Crusade donations
- Firefighters raise over 50% of the Crusade’s annual donations
- The Crusade is seen and heard on Kentucky’s statewide network of Internet, radio and television outlets during the Crusade telethon which takes place on the first full weekend in June
- The Endowment fully funds the Crusade’s future
- The Endowment guarantees that children with special needs will be helped for decades to come
A wide range of community voices will share their support of the Crusade for Children during this special program.
You can donate NOW!
Click here to make a donation anytime to the WHAS Crusade for Children securely online.